Special Needs/Different Abilities and Needs
The ABC Child Care Program is committed to help ensure that children with disabilities/developmental delays are served in an environment that meets their needs.
The South Carolina Child Care Inclusion Collaborative (Inclusion Collaborative), formerly the ABC Special Needs Program, provides individualized training and technical assistance to child care providers to support the inclusion of children with disabilities/developmental delays in their programs. These services are provided statewide and at no cost to the provider. For more information call 803-777-8483, email email@example.com, or write to: The South Carolina Child Care Inclusion Collaborative, 1530 Wheat Street, Columbia, SC 29201.
The Inclusion Collaborative can provide support to providers in the following areas:
- Understanding Inclusion
- Screening and Assessment including professional development related to the use of the SC ASQ Online System or the ASQ-3 hardcopy
- Modifications or adaptations to the curriculum and/or environment
- Teaming and Collaboration with other professionals and parents
- Accessing community services/resources
- Supporting children's social/emotional development
- Supporting children with challenging behavior
*If you have other needs not listed above, the Inclusion Collaborative team may be able to help you.