Learn more about our anniversary !
The ABC Child Care Quality Rating and Improvement System's mission is to make quality child care more available and affordable to parents, and to increase the quality of care for all children in the state. The ABC Quality Rating and Improvement System helps providers voluntarily achieve higher standards of quality in caring for the children they serve making higher quality services available to more families. There are 5 levels of quality: A+, A, B+, B, and C.
Can your program measure up?
Beyond the basics.
We want South Carolina’s youngest children to eat smart, move more, and grow healthy!
Grow Your Quality
See child care providers who are growing their quality!
News & Announcements
- It's time for staff and children to get vaccinated against the flu again! See information on flu vaccines and flu clinics in South Carolina.
- New Crib Standards – Beginning December 28, 2012, any crib provided by child care facilities and family child care homes must meet new and improved federal safety standards.
- The South Carolina Program for Infant/Toddler Care is sponsoring a select group of child care professionals to participate in an intense mentor training course in Atlanta. Read more about the training on our Awards and Recognitions page.
- See which providers grew their quality in February!
- February 9, 2014: SC Women's Basketball and SC DSS Sponsor Health and Fitness Day
- Updated versions of the Level A application and checklist are now available.