Learn more about our anniversary !
The ABC Child Care Quality Rating and Improvement System's mission is to make quality child care more available and affordable to parents, and to increase the quality of care for all children in the state. The ABC Quality Rating and Improvement System helps providers voluntarily achieve higher standards of quality in caring for the children they serve making higher quality services available to more families. There are 5 levels of quality: A+, A, B+, B, and C.
Can your program measure up?
Beyond the basics.
We want South Carolina’s youngest children to eat smart, move more, and grow healthy!
Grow Your Quality
See child care providers who are growing their quality!
News & Announcements
- It's time for staff and children to get vaccinated against the flu again! See information on flu vaccines and flu clinics in South Carolina.
- New Crib Standards – Beginning December 28, 2012, any crib provided by child care facilities and family child care homes must meet new and improved federal safety standards.
- See which providers grew their quality in September!
- Updated versions of the Level A application and checklist are now available.
- Updated versions of the Level A Standards Introduction and Level A Required Standards Part I are available on the Level A Application & Standards page.
- We've posted a new article by Crystal Campbell, Prepare For Success: Tips to Consider For a Great Year.
- Melissa Starker's new article about Social and Emotional Intelligence has also been added to the site.
- Jeanne Voltz-Loomis has written a new article on Developing Your Vision.
- Dr. Nancy Freeman retired from the University of South Carolina. Read about the celebration of her career on our Awards page.
- A public hearing on the State Plan for the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) was held on May 24, 2013. The CCDF State Plan can be found here.