Learn more about our anniversary !
The ABC Child Care Quality Improvement System's mission is to make quality child care more available and affordable to parents, and to increase the quality of care for all children in the state. The ABC Quality Improvement System helps providers voluntarily achieve higher standards of quality in caring for the children they serve making higher quality services available to more families. There are 5 Levels of quality: A+, A, B+, B, and C.
Can your program measure up?
Beyond the basics.
We want South Carolina’s youngest children to eat smart, move more, and grow healthy!
Grow Your Quality
See child care providers who are growing their quality!
News & Announcements
- New Crib Standards – Beginning December 28, 2012, any crib provided by child care facilities and family child care homes must meet new and improved federal safety standards.
- Dr. Nancy Freeman retired from the University of South Carolina. Read about the celebration of her career on our Awards page.
- A public hearing on the State Plan for the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) was held on May 24, 2013. The CCDF State Plan can be found here.
- We've posted the first in a series of articles by Heather Googe on Early Childhood Inclusion.
- We have been working hard on the ABC Grow Healthy initiative. Meet some of the staff who are bringing this program to you!
- New infant and toddler mentor program (PDF) launched by SCPITC.
- A new article, Thinking about Guidance and Discipline in Your Early Childhood Classroom has been posted.
- There are two new articles on Impulse Control, and Doing Our Best for Young Children.
- We've posted three new articles: How do we get the children to eat this?, Outdoor Play: Extending The Child's Play, and Helpful Tips for Busy Directors.
- The revised Level A Application and Checklist are available.
- We've posted new information about SCPITC Infant & Toddler Training.
- Melissa Starker has contributed a new article on Nature-Based Play.
- We've added the Afterschool Materials Guide to our Documents Repository.
- Eight ABC Quality Care Program Monitors were in the inaugural cohort of Certified Technical Assistance Providers to be awarded Generalist III certification. Learn more about them.